Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni Thanks China for Hydropower Dam Funding.

Image result for Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni Thanks China for Hydropower Dam Funding
Uganda’s President Yoweri Museveni on Thursday commissioned a Chinese-built hydropower dam which is expected to boost Uganda’s electricity generation capacity. The 183MW Isimba Dam now brings the East African country’s national electricity generation to 1,167MW from the current 984MW. President Museveni thanked China for its partnership that made the construction of the dam possible.“I thank the Chinese government through their Exim Bank that supported this project. The Chinese government are our and Africa’s reliable partners. Ugandans can expect more electricity because we still have other dams to build in Ayago, Uhuru and Kiba. I thank you,” the 74-year-old said after commissioning the dam. The Chinese government-funded 85 per cent of the project while Uganda covered the remaining 15 per cent. President Museveni also urged Uganda’s not to sabotage national projects meant to better the lives of Ugandans. Even if it is your land, if the government wants to do something to benefit the rest of the Ugandans, do not frustrate the work. We will pay you your worth, do not try to take advantage of your government,” he said. China has funded several mega projects across Africa and is seen as a key player in the continent’s infrastructural growth. Among some of the Chinese-funded projects in Africa include the Standard Gauge Railway in Kenya, the African Union headquarters in Ethiopia, the new Zimbabwean parliament, the Merowe hydropower dam in Sudan among others.