20-year-old from Brussels died after eating 5-day old pasta



The 20-year-old from Brussels in Belgium fell sick after consuming spaghetti leftovers which had been made five days earlier and stored at room temperature.The man, known only as AJ, became violently ill and went to bed to try and sleep it off.The following morning he was found dead in his bed by his shocked parents.  
A student has died after eating a bowl of pasta that he had left out on on his kitchen benchtop for five days (file photo)

The incident occurred in October 2008 and happened after the man came home from school one day.He warmed the spaghetti in the microwave oven before heading out to play sports.He ended up coming home half an hour later suffering from headaches, abdominal pain, and nausea.He threw up for several hours and went to the bathroom twice only to fall asleep around midnight.