Prince Philip Car Crash Victim Thinks That He Should Be Prosecuted

Prince Philip Car Crash Victim Thinks That He Should Be Prosecuted
A woman who was left with a broken wrist after a road traffic collision with Prince Philip's car says that the Duke of Edinburgh should be prosecuted "the same as everyone else".46-year-old Emma Fairweather was a passenger in her friend's Kia when the accident between her and Prince Philip's Land Rover occurred last week. The 97-year-old royal managed to walk away unharmed, but Ms Fairweather suffered a broken wrist that doctors have allegedly told her could keep her off work for as much as two months. The mum of two said: "I think he should be treated the same as anyone else. How could you say no to prosecuting him if he's broken the law?""It has been such a traumatic and painful time and I would have expected more of the Royal Family."It could have been so much worse. Prince Philip apparently said to a witness that it was the sun that dazzled him, but I can't see how that could be true when it was overcast."It would mean the world to me if Prince Philip said sorry, but I have no idea if he's sorry at all."I know the Queen is a busy lady, but I was really excited at the idea she might phone me."Instead of that phone call from the Queen, Ms Fairweather claims that she has only received a bizarre statement from a police liaison officer that read: "The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh would like to be remembered to you."Ms Fairweather argued: "That's not an apology or even a well-wish."
Prince Philip's Land Rover crashed into another car near Sandringham. Credit: PA
Buckingham Palace made a statement on Friday after the incident. That statement read: "Contact has been made privately with the occupants in the other car and well-wishes exchanged."Norfolk Police have since said that the crash would be investigated thoroughly and "any appropriate action is taken."After the crash, the measure has been passed to reduce the speed limit of the road to 50mph and cameras are also to be installed along the stretch of road near to the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh's private home at Sandringham Estate. At a public meeting, Norfolk County Council also heard that the road had been considered dangerous for a good while before this highly publicised incident.
Prince Philip is already back on the road. Credit: PA
An eyewitness to the crash, Roy Warne, told the BBC: "I saw it [The Duke's Land Rover] careering, tumbling across the road and ending up on the other side."It would take a massive force [to have done that]."