Wednesday, June 26

Mum Left With Third Degree Burns After Hot Water Bottle Explodes .


A woman has been left with third-degree burns after a hot water bottle exploded in her bed, having completely scalded her lower back, bum and hands with the boiling water. Bree Schulz, 21, had placed her hot water bottle next to her in bed, but it exploded after she rolled over to her husband's side. She told The Sun that she 'blacked out completely and collapsed', as she went into a seizure from the shock of the searing pain. Having scalded her lower back, bum and hands with third and second-degree burns, Bree - from Hunter Valley in New South Wales, Australia - was rushed to the hospital, and has since been transferred to a specialist burns unit. Bree, who has an eight-month-old son, now faces an extensive course of rehabilitation therapy to regain full use of her hands - a process that will take several months. A family friend has set up a GoFundMe page to help raise money for Bree and her family, in an attempt to ease the burden as her partner takes unpaid time off work to care for her, with a target of AUD $5,000 (£2,700 / US $3,500). The description reads: "On Sunday beautiful Bree suffered 3rd-degree burns on her back and 2nd-degree burns on her arms. This will result in her partner needing to take unpaid time off work to support and care for Bree in this hard time."They have a beautiful 8mo baby boy they need to support, and a house. They will get to a point where they could lose their house and belongings."The campaign has already raised more than AUD $800 (£440 / US $560) of its $5,000 goal. Bree's husband Tyson has since shared an update on Bree's condition, thanking those who have helped raise money or recognition for their cause."Healing is going very well," he said."Bree and I would just like to take a moment to thank everyone who has shared the story and especially everyone who has donated to us. Even the people who have donated $5-$10 and have put 'it's not much'. To you, it's not much but to us, it's everything so thank you so much."So many people that have next to nothing themselves and are struggling, have been digging deep to help us and we are so grateful to each and every one of use. We can't even begin to express our gratitude and appreciation."We have both been brought up to work hard and not expect anything from anyone. So to accept help has been hard. But we're so lucky to have the community we do have."So again thank you to everyone who has shared the story or donated."Speaking to The Sun, Bree has urged others to take care of hot water bottles. She said: "I've done a lot of research since this happened, I found out so many things I was unaware of, such as that hot water bottles have a manufacturing date on them."But it's just a circle with a couple of dots and a number, people aren't going to know what it is or if it's in date or out-of-date."So I just want manufacturers to take responsibility and think about their consumers and make their warning labels clearer."

AAGKN Feature Posts

Heartwarming moment girl bursts into tears as she's reunited with her lost teddy.

A ten-year-old girl burst into tears of joy after being reunited with her favorite teddy she thought she'd lost forever. Young B...

AAGKN Random Posts

AAGKN All Time Popular Posts