18.4.19

Woman Dies After Dropping Charging Phone Into Bath

A woman has been found dead after using her phone in the bath, while the charging lead was still plugged in. The 20-year-old shop worker, named only as Anastasia, was found by her mother, holding onto her phone. Oksana, 48, said she came home from work and called out for her daughter, but got no reply so she checked the bathroom."I saw Nastya (Anastasia) lying in an empty bath," she said."In one hand, she was holding her mobile phone plugged into the socket, and on the other hand, she had a bath plug."I thought she was alive but unconscious. I called the ambulance. Paramedics came very quickly but they could only register the death of my daughter."According to reports she died from a severe electric shock. In just over a year, five people have died in Russia having used their plugged-in mobile phones while in the bath.
Earlier this year, Yulia Vysotskaya, 14, died after she dropped her charging phone into the bath she was in. Her devastated parents quickly called an ambulance, but it was too late to save her. According to reports, medical notes claim the schoolgirl died from drowning after suffering a massive electric shock at her home in Cheboksary, Russia. In December, Irina Rybnikova, 15, died instantly after using her plugged-in iPhone while in the bath, only for it to slip from her hands. Shortly before this, a 12-year-old girl died after listening to music on her phone, which was on the charge, while in the bath and accidentally dropping it into the water. Again, tragically, it was her mother who found dead in the bathtub a short while later. Following the spate of deaths, authorities in Russia have issued warnings about using phones that are plugged into the wall while in or around water. Electronics engineer Andrey Stanovsky warned that "relaxing in a bathroom with your mobile phone plugged is like playing Russian roulette."While YuryAgrafonov, the head of the radio-electronic department of Irkutsk State University, said: "Water is a good conductor. This is why there was a short circuit when the phone fell into the water."If the phone had not been plugged into 220 volts, the tragedy would not have happened."

Random Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *